ParentS & FERPA
WHAT DOES THAT
MEAN AS A PARENT?
This means your student's information is kept secure and private from the public. Everyone, including parents, who wishes to see information is required to get written consent from the student.
CAN I ACCESS?
The following information is considered directory information and is available to the public upon request*.
- Student name
- Local address
- Permanent address
- Telephone listings
- Year at the University
- Dates of attendance
- Academic college and major field of study
- Enrollment status (undergraduate or graduate; full-time or part-time)
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Degrees, honors and awards received
- Most recent educational agency or institution attended
What are my student's
- The student is required to be notified annually of their FERPA rights
- The student may review and inspect their records
- The student has the right to request an amendment to their educational record they believe is inaccurate or misleading
- The student must consent to disclosure of educational records (with exceptions)