What UNL considers to be ‘Directory Information’ or information that can be shared with the general public:
- Student name,local address
- permanent address
- telephone listings
- year at the University (Fr, So, Jr, Sr, etc.)
- dates of attendance
- academic college and major field of study
- enrollment status, (e.g. undergraduate or graduate; full-time or part-time)
- participation in officially recognized activities and sports, degrees, honors and awards received andmost recent educational agency or institution attended.
Withholding Directory Information: Directory information will be available to the public upon request and may be included in student directories published electronically. However, students have the right to have directory information withheld from the public, if they so desire.
You can change your privacy (FERPA) option online through MyRED. This directory information restriction is good until you notify the University to remove it. Directory information already included in hard copy publications will be removed at the next printing of the hard copy publication.